Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thursday Challenge: Fancy



Yesterday was my mother-in-law's 65th birthday, so the hubby and I took the parents out to the best restaurant in the area.
This place is nice enough to require a dress code.
Here I am with my in-laws.... hubster is taking the photo.
Having our Ruffino Pinot Gregio... delicious!
Everything is locally produced, even the meat comes from local farms.
Here is my appetizer, a tomato soup with a roasted red pepper puree.
For my main, I had chicken from a local farm, with potatoes and tiny turnips. 
Take note of the wonderful and deep jus!
This was one of the best meals I have had to date.
Well, in a restaurant, of course.... I still like my cooking best! 

If you are in the area, Ancaster, Ontario, Canada. You totally need to visit.
Ancaster Old Mill Restaurant. $31-50 per person.

1 comment:

Vrinda said...

The food is garnished so very well... nice capture!