Monday, April 23, 2012

Thematic Photographic: Faith



I believe in God but do not attend church. I am fascinated by them and their architecture. Along Barton Street, in Hamilton, Ontario, in the span of a couple of blocks, there is several churches. I was walking to the doctors one day and snapped pics of them all. This is the Roman Catholic church, and probably the religion I most connect with... mainly for tax and school purposes though. Anyway, I agree we all need to have faith and believe in something. What would life be without faith?? Predictable and boring.

6 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

I love architecture as well!. Churches have such detail... European architecture has more detail and also tells more of a story than American (it seems) architecture.

Gilly said...

Interesting church, with one tower considerably bigger and higher than the other. I suppose it was for the bells?

Alexia said...

I love churches too - these bricks have a lovely warm colour.

Max Sartin said...

Beautiful old building!

Bob Scotney said...

Nice building, but isn't it annoying for photography when the area has so many overhead wires in the way?

carmilevy said...

I'm as far from a Roman Catholic as one can ever get, but wow do I dig their architecture. It's hard to stand in front of a building like this and not feel moved in some way.

Scenes like this remind me why I love Hamilton so much. I need to spend more time there walking around and just drinking it in.