Friday, September 30, 2011

Thank and an Update

First, thank you to everyone for the messages, support, condolences, and love. It has helped fill me up when I feel empty.

I was supposed to leave Wednesday morning and head directly to the Palliative Care, and upon getting into my sister's vehicle at 8am, I learned of my step-dad's passing at 4:20 am.

He may not have had the same DNA, but he was my dad for 26 years and I am now almost 35.
He was my mother's best friend and love of her life.

We are deeply saddened, but happy he is not suffering or in pain anymore. Our loved ones in heaven are watching him and showing him around. And as my mother put it, hopefully he will get the job as God's chauffeur.

6 weeks was all the time we had from the time he got sick. I tell you this in the hopes that instead of feeling sorry for us, you will hold your loved ones closer. Family as God says, is his gift to you.

If you would like to view the tribute online, it can be found HERE.

Psalm 30
I will exalt You, O Lord,
for You lifted me out of the depths
and did not let my enemies gloat over me.
O Lord my God, I called to You for help
and You healed me.
O Lord, You brought me up from the grave;
You spared me from going down into the pit.
Sing to the Lord, you saints of His;
Praise His holy Name.
For His anger lasts only a moment,
but His favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may remain for a night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning.
When I felt secure, I said,
"I will never be shaken."
O Lord, when You favored me,
You made my mountain stand firm;
but when You hid Your face,
I was dismayed.
To You, O Lord, I called;
to the Lord I cried for mercy
"What gain is there in my destruction,
in my going down into the pit?
Will the dust praise You?
Will it proclaim Your faithfulness?
Hear, O Lord, and be merciful to me;
O Lord, be my help."
You turned my wailing into dancing;
You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing to You and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give You thanks forever.

1 comment:

silverneon2000 said...

I am so sorry for your loss.