Monday, October 25, 2010

A great find!

Yesterday morning while I was walking Ewok, I saw this woman in the middle of the road with her camera. I at first thought she was nuts, it was really early after all. Then I noticed she had her camera in hand, so I started browsing the area wondering what she was snapping. To my surprise, the biggest Peregrine Falcon I have ever seen was sitting perched atop a pole. Well, I ran home, fed the dog quick, and grabbed my camera to head back out. This is one of the shots I got. (Yes, I took a bunch!)



Not sure if it's eaten recently, or pregnant. But it's a biggin'!

3 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

Maybe he or she just has her feathers fluffed. I'm not sure how big a bird gets before she lays her eggs, but you wouldn't think it would be that much.

So... did anyone see you standing in the middle of the road and go running for a camera? Just thinking about dominoes and such.

SquirrelQueen said...

I have read that female Red-tailed hawks are much larger than the males and having seen one I know it to be true. I wonder if it is the same for Peregrine falcons. Maybe this is a female.

Inger-M said...

That's a beautiful bird! Great shot :-)